Soldier Piles & Lagging
We have designed and installed beam and lagging shoring systems as a cost-efficient form of excavation support. Beam and lagging utilizes vertical soldier piles driven or drilled and set at designed intervals around the proposed excavation. After the steel beams are placed in accordance with the designed spacing wood lagging, steel plates, shotcrete or concrete panels are placed between the soldier pile flanges to retain the native dirt from sloughing into the excavation.
Beam & Lagging Design Options
Beam and lagging shoring is a diverse support system and can be designed as a cantilever system, braced system, or tied-back system. The type of design required is dependent upon soil/water conditions, excavation depth, property easements, & surcharge loading.
The major benefits of utilizing solider pile and lagging include but are not limited to:
- Low noise and vibration installation when drilling method is selected
- Ability to place piles with low overhead equipment
- Design can support extremely deep excavations when bracing and tie-back anchors are used
- The face of the shoring can be used as a backform for the permanent concrete walls
- The case of the solder piles & lagging Is a suitable surface for placing waterproofing
Let's work together
Contact us to learn how Blue Iron can fulfill your engineering project, while ensuring the highest quality results and performance.
Blue Iron, Inc
3545 Carlin Drive
West Sacramento CA 95691